Archive for June 2008
1. Every week about 20 species of plants and animals become extinct
2. Rainforests are being cut down at the rate of 100 acres per minute
3. One-third of the water used in most homes is flushed down the toilet
4. A single quart of motor oil, if disposed of improperly, can contaminate up to 2,000,000 gallons of fresh water.
5. Plastic bags and other plastic garbage thrown into the ocean kill as many as 1,000,000 sea creatures every year.
6.A modern glass bottle would take 4000 years or more to decompose — and even longer if it’s in the landfill.
7.recycling one glass bottle saves enough energy to light a 100-watt bulb for four hours
8.Energy-saving lightbulbs last around ten times longer than ordinary lightbulbs- over 10,000 hours.
9. A laptop is more environment friendly than a desktop. It consumes five times less electricity.
10.An aluminum can that is thrown away will still be a can 500 years from now!
11.A single tree will absorb one ton of carbon dioxide over its lifetime. Shade provided by trees can also reduce your air conditioning bill by 10 to 15 per cent.
12. Tissue paper is a major source of waste. It takes 60,00,000 trees to make 1 year’s worth of tissues for the world.
13. A ton of recycled paper equals or saves 17 trees in paper production.
14.A plant on your desk acts as a natural filter, absorbing airborne pollutants and computer radiation while replenishing oxygen levels.
15. Lawns only need watering once a week, post rain only after two weeks. Do watering early morning for minimal evaporation and water conservation.
16. Avoiding just 10 miles of driving every week would eliminate about 500 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions a year
17. Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth and soaping your hands. This can save around
16 litres a day. That’s 11,000 litre of water per person per year.
18. A dripping tap can waste over 20,000 litres of water every year.
Do you know its possible create Table without using mouse and menus in MS word and Outlook. Here its that…
Step 1: +———–+————————+————-+
Step 2: (After pressing Enter having the cursor at the last ‘+’ Result will be like the below one)
Step 3: (press TAB to create more Rows)
In this ‘ + ‘ represents the column borders and ‘ – ‘ represents the length of the each column. It is one of the Easter Egg in Microsoft Word.
This Simple way can be used at urgent times.
Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair
The world’s youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
Our eyes remain the same size from birth onward, but our nose and ears never stop growing
You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV
A person will die from total lack of sleep sooner than from starvation. Death will occur in about 10 days without sleep, while starvation takes a few weeks
Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying
Mona Lisa had no eyebrows
When the moon is directly overhead, you weigh slightly less
Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone, never telephoned his wife or mother because they were both deaf
“I Am.” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language
Colgate faced big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking countries because Colgate translates into the command “go hang yourself.”
Group A : Bangladesh, United Arab Emirates and Sri Lanka
Group B : India, Pakistan and Hong Kong
All Matches will play Day/Night and start from 15:30 IST and 10:00 GMT
June 24 – Bangladesh v United Arab Emirates, Lahore
June 24 – Pakistan v Hong Kong, Karachi
June 25 – Bangladesh v Sri Lanka, Lahore
June 25 – Hong Kong v India, Karachi
June 26 – Sri Lanka v United Arab Emirates, Lahore
June 26 – India v Pakistan, Karachi
June 28 – Bangladesh v India, Karachi
June 29 – Sri Lanka v pakistan, Karachi
June 30 – Sri Lanka v Bangladesh , Karachi
July 02 – Pakistan v India, Karachi
July 03 – Sri Lanka v India, Karachi
July 04 – Bangladesh v Pakistan , Karachi
July 06 – Sri Lanka v India , Karachi
One thing we had noticed is why people didn’t get the real subtext and reason for the various roles and hence the title. If you knew the real dasavatharams of Lord Vishnu and their characters you can appreciate the script more. Let me explain, starting with the best adapted role:
1. Krishna avatar – Vincent Poovaraghavan
Lord krishna is actually a dalit, he is dark-skinned [shyamalam]. He saved draupadi when she was being violated and he was the actual diplomat in mahabharatham. Lord krishna dies of an arrow striking his lower leg. Now look at how vincent was introduced.. he appears when asin is about to be molested and he saves her like draupadi. Vincent is the dalit diplomat, fights for land issue [soil issue to be exact] and dies from the metal rod striking his leg. Oh even five of vincent’s men are drugged at P. Vasu’s.. sounds familiar???
2. Balarama avatar – Balarama naidu
This is an easy given. as the name suggests and the role personifies you can easily get it.
3. Mathsya avatar – Ranagaraja nambi
nambi is thrown into water in an act of trying to save lord from being thrown into sea, though vainly. what more clue do you want?
4. Varaha avatar – Krishnaveni paatti
During the mukunda song, krishnaveni paatti does varaha avatar in the shadow puppetry. The frame freezes on it for a second. there is the clue. Moreover, in varaha avatar lord actually hides earth so as to protect life forms. Here too krishnaveni hides the germs – life form inside the statue so as to protect.
5. Vamana avatar – Kalifulla khan
remember in vamana avatar, lord vishnu takes the vishvaroopa, that is the giant form! Hence the giant kalifulla here symbolises vamana avatar.
6. Parasurama avatar – Christian Fletcher
Parasurama is actually on an angry killing spree and killed 21 generations of the particular kshatriya vamsa. Hence the real KILLER… Guess what thats what our Fletcher is! He comes around with the gun [modern upgrade for axe] and kills everyone around. I have to check if he kills 21 people though. 😀
7. Narasimha avatar – Shingen Narahashi
first of all the name itself is a play on the words singam [means lion in tamil] and narasimha [the avatar being symbolised]. Lord Narasimha manifests himelf to kill the bad guy and he also teaches prahaladha. In the movie, he shows up to kill the killer fletcher! and is also a teacher.. Lord Narasimha had to kill the asura with bare hands and hence the martial arts exponent here.. get it?
8. Rama avatar – Avatar Singh
Lord Rama stands for the one man one woman maxim, kind of symbolising true love.. Here Avatar portrays that spirit by saying that he loves his woman more than anything and wants to live for her.
9. Kalki avatar – Govindaraj Ramasamy
As you know, the hero in kaliyug can be none other than the Kalki avatar!!!
10. Koorma avatar – Bush
This is the most loose adaptation I couldn’t clearly comprehend. But if you look at the real koorma avatar, the lord is the turtle/tortoise that helps in stirring the ksheera sagara and bringing out the amruth. This essentially creates war among the devas and asuras. Similarly today Bush facilitates war between you know whom… May be Kamal also indicates that this avatar is a bit dumb like the tortoise
1) In 1978, his tamil movie “Sivappu Rojakal” got released. He
played the role of a Psychopath killer . One year later, a guy called
Psycho Raman was caught for brutally murdering people
2) In 1988, kamal played the role of a unemployed youth in the movie
“Sathya”. In 89-90’s our country faced lot of problems due to
3) In 1992, his blockbuster movie “Devar Magan” got released. Its a
village based subject. There will be some scenes portraying communal
clashes. Exactly a year later in 1993, there were many communal
clashes in southern districts.
4) We all know in 1996 many people in our country was cheated by
finance companies. Our Kamal Hasan has clearly depicted this in his
movie “mahanadhi” which got released in 1994 itself.
5) In “heyram”(2000), there are some scenes relating to Hindu Muslim
clashes . We all know 2 years later, godhra(Gujarat riots) incident
6) He used a word called ‘tsunami’ in his movie
“Anbesivam”(2003).The word ‘tsunami’ was not known to many people
before. In 2004, ‘tsunami’ stuck the east coast of our country and
many people lost their lives.
7) In his latest movie ”Vettaiyadu Vilayadu ”(2006) there are two
characters called ila&amudhan who played the roles of psychopath
killers. After 3 months of release of the movie, the noida serial
killing came to light (moninder/sathish)
And to add another point to the seven below
8 )He shows the outbreak of a biological weapon(virus/vial) in Tamil nadu
When I Asked God for Strength
He Gave Me Difficult Situations to Face
When I Asked God for Brain & Brown
He Gave Me Puzzles in Life to Solve
When I Asked God for Happiness
He Showed Me Some Unhappy People
When I Asked God for Wealth
He Showed Me How to Work Hard
When I Asked God for Favors
He Showed Me Opportunities to Work Hard
When I Asked God for Peace
He Showed Me How to Help Others
God Gave Me Nothing I Wanted
He Gave Me Everything I Needed